Classless

One of the other things I wanted to explore was a classless system to D&D, where you are free to build your character as desired, similar to Elder Scrolls. The RPG my coworkers are making called Gram RPG operates under such a system. I think it might be too much for D&D, though taking Gram and modifying it to be whatever we want is really easy. They have made it quite versatile. It relies on a well-built character, four ability scores, and many status conditions. Otherwise, it is extremely easy.

I plan to read over it a little more and hopefully rework the North Campaign (Sparky Grawler) into a Gram campaign. Character creation is very easy–the hardest part is choosing your abilities and developing a good character background. There are a few other things I don’t understand, and its flow of story is different than D&D, but that’s nothing that couldn’t be remedied.

I will work jointly on my 5e campaign and the North and will let you both know when I get nearer to having at least a one-shot.

I really like having the North campaign for low level 5e play…
[November 13, 2015 at 3:35 am]

We haven’t touched it in a long time. I think Gram would be quite fun after reading it. Very simple but supports quite a bit.

The other thought I had was E6 5e for North.
[November 13, 2015 at 1:26 pm]

I just uploaded the current rules and a sample/simplistic character sheet to owncloud. My first goal is going to be to build a character.
[November 13, 2015 at 1:46 pm]